Being gluten free has become a way of life for not only my daughter and myself, but for my whole family. My son and husband have changed a lot of what they eat to accommodate us, as well as my mom has been a huge supporter as well. Family dinners are a gluten free affair (minus her homemade buns that my son eats like they are candy laced with more candy)
It has not been an easy journey to switch ways for my daughter (she loved those homemade buns as much as my son), but the change has positively affected her health in more ways then one so we continue to find new ways to make it easier on her. This super simple and healthy banana bread recipe has been just one way.
Although I do not share the same love for baking as my daughter does; as I enjoy preparing the simpler meals with less mess, I do continue to encourage her with her passion for the kitchen in any way I can. Which; lets be honest, is me hanging out with her in the kitchen while she bakes away.
Last week she nailed this recipe and luckily the whole family loves this recipe too so that means I; sorry I mean she, only has to bake one loaf for the whole family to enjoy.
What You Need:
- 2 cups Gluten Free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (leave the glass bowl you melted it in to the side)
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- handful of chocolate chips
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a stand up mixer or in a large bowl beat together the sugar, eggs, and melted coconut oil. Once combined, add in greek yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla. Beat until mixed together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend together GF flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend together until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- With remainder of melted coconut oil, grease a loaf pan. Spoon batter into greased pan and bake in oven for 1hr or until toothpick comes out clean from from centre.
- Cool on wire rack.
Happy Baking! Enjoy:)
Real Life. Real You.
Amy Bowers xo