I am sure every Mama in this world has tacos on their rotating meal plan. I know that it is a staple in our house. Quick, easy and everyone in the house loves them. They are great for leftovers in the kids lunches to make our life easier in the morning too! A win-win!!
For a while I would buy the packages of taco mix, but then I came to my senses. The store bought taco seasoning is full of fillers and so much sodium you will wonder why your toes are the size of sausages afterwards.
For the last few years I have been making my own homemade recipe instead. Its flavour is amazing and it is half the price. The beauty is you know exactly what is in the seasoning and you get all the benefits from the individual spices too
Make up a batch and store in an airtight glass container in the pantry and use on beef, chicken, and jackfruit.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp finely ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
How to put it all together:
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients together and stir until well mixed.
- Store in an airtight glass container for up to 3 months.
- Use 2 Tbsp for 1 lb of meat.
Real Life. Real You.
Amy Bowers xo